I just love this recipe for Chicken Curry Salad!
It’s full of flavor, has tender chicken and great crunch from the lettuce!
Curry Chicken Salad on Hearts of Romaine Lettuce
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Romaine Lettuce
Bake chicken in the oven on 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes covered with alumnium foil. Cut chicken into small dice, set aside and keep covered to retain moisture in the chicken.
In a large bowl combine:
- 1/2 Onion, Diced Small
- 1-2 Tablespoons Yellow Curry Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Currants (or Craisins)
- 1 Green Apple, Diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Light Mayo
- 3-4 Green Scallions, Diced
- Coarse Salt & Pepper
Combine well and then add the chicken. Place in fridge for about an hour. The longer this sits, the better the flavors! Spoon into romaine lettuce wedges. YUM!