Summertime is the peak season for corn. It’s this time of year that the grocery stores all put it on sale with awesome specials like 6 ears of corn for $1. My kids love carrying around their own giant ear of corn, they can’t get enough. Sure, corn is not technically a vegetable, but it’s definitely a healthy way for kids to eat whole grain.
It doesn’t get much easier than grilled corn on the cob, but the results are so delicious.
1. Peel back the husks, and pull off the silk from the corn.
2. Place the ears in cold water for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from the water and shake off the excess.
4. Place the corn with the husk on the grill for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
5. Allow to cool, then pull back the husks and enjoy.
Grilled corn is excellent plain, but feel free to dress it up with a little salt and butter. Another delicious option is to add parmesan cheese. Or you could chop up the fresh herbs from your summer garden (like cilantro, basil, or parsley) add to melted butter, and roll the corn in the mixture.