The following post is sponsored by Chex®
Planning a family movie night? At our house, we have at least one a week and the best part is always the snacks! The usual menu includes popcorn, chips and salsa – but sometimes we like to switch it up with a fun new treat.
Last Saturday, we tried this sweet and spicy Chex® Mix recipe and it was such a hit! The almonds and cashews combined with the yogurt covered raisins for a crunchy and delicious swirl of flavors. Everyone loved it!
- 6 cups Vanilla Chex® cereal
- 1/2 cup whole roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup whole roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup yogurt-covered cranberries or yogurt-covered raisins
Prep Time: 15 Minutes, Start to Finish: 15 Minutes
1. In large microwavable bowl, measure cereal and nuts; set aside.
2. In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter on High 30 seconds; stir and microwave 30 seconds longer or until butter is melted; stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and spices. Heat until boiling, about 30 seconds. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
3. Microwave uncovered on High about 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is cooked. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container.
Cooking Gluten-Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Enter here for a chance to win a year’s supply of new Vanilla Chex. 150 people will also receive a coupon for a free box!