Here’s a silly and sweet craft I did with tall candles I found at the dollar store. They are super cheap and easy to make – I think they turned out pretty good!
These DIY vintage candles look great around the house and make the perfect gift for friends or family!
- Tall white candles from a dollar store (some have Catholic relic art on them, others have nothing. Get the ones with nothing or you’ll have to peel them off.)
- Peppermint stick, crushed
- Glitter or anything sparkly
- White glue
- Glue stick
- Re-use/recycle tags, Christmas cards or any holiday paper cut-outs
Mix up your crushed peppermint, sugar and sparkly stuff.
Then spread a thin layer of white glue around the top of candle jar and dip it into the mixture.
Google “Vintage Christmas” or music sheets images, then print and tear off sheets.
You can also use what you have around the house… newspaper articles, old magazines, anything.
Use a glue stick to attach the image. Then adorn with ribbon, tags or any fun holiday baubles!
craft and craft
- Don’t use too much white glue at the top of jar, or it will run and make drips down the candle.
- Cut the wick before you light it.
- Pair two together for a great hostess or teacher gift.
Ta-da! Now you have some festive and fun Christmas candles.
Planning to try this at home? We’d love to see how it turns out! Send us photos of your crafty efforts and we’ll add them to our photo gallery!