It’s summer and everyone loves snow cones! How about a recipe for a healthy version? You and your kids will love it!
Strawberry Watermelon Snow Cone
1-cup watermelon balls
¼ cup strawberries, diced (stems removed)
2 cups ice
1 tsp. lemon juice
- Blend 2 cups of ice in blender on high until ice chunks are made into partly chunky particles,, then set aside (in freezer if you don’t have your other items ready to blend) in 2 different serving bowls.
- Put watermelon, strawberries and lemon juice in blender and blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Once completely smooth, put a strainer over one serving bowl and pour half of the mixture into the bowl, allowing all of the juice to go through but keeping all of the solids out.
- Repeat for 2nd serving bowl.
- Grab a spoon, sunglasses, your favorite book, and enjoy your chilled treat under the warm summer sun!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving 31 Calories, 7 g Carbohydrate, 1 g protein, 0 g fat, 1 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 1 mg sodium