The following post is sponsored by Ragú®
- 1 large spaghetti squash, seeded and cooked
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
Start by cutting your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Remove all the seeds. I prefer to roast my spaghetti squash, but you can cook it in a variety of ways:
- Bake for about 40 minutes at 375 degrees. (Place cut side down in a pan sprayed with nonstick spray.)
- Microwave 6 to 8 minutes
- Boil 20 minutes or so.
After cooking and cooling slightly, scoop out the squash and separate the strands with a fork.
- Brown ground beef with onion and bell pepper in large skillet; drain. (Feel free to get creative and add additional veggies. We also like adding mushrooms and chopped garlic!)
- Stir in the Ragú and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot spaghetti squash.
Time Saving Tip: Use frozen bell peppers and onions to make this go together even quicker.
So there you have it – quick, easy, and delicious! If you aren’t following a paleo diet, feel free to serve the meat sauce over regular spaghetti. Although your kids just might surprise you and love the spaghetti squash! Mine enjoyed it so much that we are going to be growing it in the garden this year.