Watermelon Snowman Recipe
Why not bring a watermelon snowman to a holiday party this year? It's healthy and tasty... sure to be a hit!
And best of all, watermelon is packed with Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin B 6 to keep eyes healthy and boost immunity.
Here are the instructions, courtesy The National Watermelon Promotion Board website:
- 1 round seedless watermelon
- 2 personal sized watermelons
- Ice cream scoop or large spoon
- Melon baller
- Mini melon baller
- Paring and kitchen knives
- Large wooden skewers
1. Using one round seedless watermelon and two personal sized watermelons (one larger and one smaller), cut a ¼ inch slice off the bottom of each melon to provide a stable base. Use the smallest melon for the head, the next largest for the torso and the largest for the lower body. Set aside the smallest watermelon.
2. Cut the tops off of the large and medium watermelons, as shown, to create bowls. Scoop out flesh, using an ice cream scoop or large spoon.
3. Taking the smallest watermelon that has not yet been cut, scoop out eyes using a melon baller. Invert melon balls and reinsert.
4. Using a mini-melon baller or a paring knife, scoop out holes for the nose and mouth. Carve a piece of watermelon into a triangle for the nose, and fill mouth holes with blueberries.
5. Connect all three watermelons on a platter, using large wooden skewers.
6. Insert y-shaped sticks into middle watermelon for arms.
7. Fill bottom sections with fruit salad of melon balls and blueberries. Decorate with scarf and hat.
Common Myths About Gifted Children
Margarita Popsicles Recipe
A True Hero: She Sacrificed Her Own Life to Save 10 Year Old Student
Fall Moments And A Printable Fall Bucket List
When My Child With Autism Was Diagnosed With Cancer
10 Ways to Stop Your Child's Whining
Celebrities Who Abuse and the Organizations That Condone That Abuse
5 Time-Saving Ways to Work Out in Your Office
Avocado Tomato Bruschetta
Tasty Taco Recipe For A Full Belly & Healthy Body
Lessons I Have Learned from My Single Mom
Fall Makeup Forecast
Challenge Your Body With This Gym-Free Workout!
Our Sports Heroes Are Criminals