The Pros and Cons of Botox Procedure
Many people were happy when Botox was introduced as an anti-aging product.
It immediately gained immense popularity as a simple, non-surgical procedure that could help restore one's youthful glow.
With just a few tiny injections, one could enjoy wrinkle-free skin hence feel better about his or her looks.
What Is It Used For?
Botox procedures are normally performed through a number of injections. Such injections are always administered by dermatologists or medical practitioners who are trained and licensed to carry out this procedure. Botox injections help a patient to eliminate the wrinkles and the expression lines that appear between her eyebrows, in effect giving her a more youthful look.
Botox is actually a purified protein that contains Clostridium Botulinium Bacterium, a substance that can effectively reduce the excessive movement of your facial muscles; thereby, allowing the wrinkled areas to remain smoother for a longer period of time.
The Benefits of Using Botox
- Since it doesn't require one to undergo invasive surgical procedures, it is considered as being amongst the best alternatives to the more indiscrete operations.
- It is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), implying that it is a fairly risk-free procedure. So, anytime you visit your doctor for Botox injections, you can afford the luxury of being confident and more relaxed.
- The other benefit of Botox that is worth noting is the convenience it offers. It is a feasible alternative to plastic surgery since it is less expensive, delivers instant results and is almost painless.
The Drawbacks of Botox
This cosmetic procedure does present some disadvantages to those who want to look younger during their late adulthood years. Some of these include:
- The fact that it is administered through needle injections makes it uncomfortable to most people who may not be fond of such injections. Nonetheless, if you are really determined to restore your skin's smooth and supple texture, then this should only be a minor sacrifice that you should be willing to tolerate.
- There is also a higher risk of developing an allergic reaction to Botox. Such reactions, even if adverse, are never hard to manage. For some people, however, Botox reactions (whether naturally or due to the physician's injection technique) have prevented them from squinting or even raising their eyebrows. It is even rumored that some Hollywood actors and actresses haven't been able to make appropriate facial expressions during movie shoots because of Botox injections, a definite case of stiff acting!
- Some people also perceive it as being too expensive. For instance, one Botox treatment session can cost from $300 to $500, of course depending on an area or location. The other important aspect of this, is that such cosmetic procedures, are never covered by health insurance policies. You can as well consider the fact that you have to undergo several sessions after every six months so as to maintain that youth-looking appearance.
As you can see, before you consider Botox treatments, whether to minimize your wrinkles, create fuller lips, revive your eye lid muscles and spasms, or even relieve excessive underarm sweating, it is advisable that you first weigh all its pros and cons. This will aid you in deciding whether it is the best remedy for your skin or not. And as always, please consult your healthcare provider before any procedures.
Melissa young but fearsome lady with painfully good sense of fashion and fashion streams, writing for her own blog. Lately, while writing for Cosmos Clinic , she has taken interest in various beauty treatments, skin care and botox treatments everything that can make you prettier, but at the same time - healthier :)
"8 Glasses of Water Per Day" is a Myth
Top Ten 'Creative Practicing' Tips for Kids!
Empower Your Kids Through Creative Cleaning
The Power of a Simple Smile
Guided Meditation: Clear Away the Excess in Life
Getting The Stink Eye in Restaurants
How to Raise Independent Kids
How to Cope With Your Kid's Jet Lag
Late Summer Citrus Cake
Edamame Guacamole Recipe
How to Get a Baby to Wear Glasses
Why I'm Teaching My Kid NOT to Share!
3 Foolproof Tips to Get Your Kids to Eat Their Veggies
The Bright Side of Divorce
No Vomit Zone - How to Prevent Car Sickness
Meditation: A Great Source for Creativity