Let's Cook: Healthy Edamame Saladby Jessie Jane
This great recipe comes from Jessie Jane, founder of Lilyshop. Are you looking for a light, fresh salad to serve as your main course? Are you strapped for time?
This edamame salad is packed with vegetable protein, and there is no oil in the dressing! It's a great go-to meal for any occasion.
Edamame Salad Recipe
- 5 oz. of mixed greens
- 1 carrot peeled, sliced thin
- 1 cup of edamame, cooked and shelled
- ½ a cucumber, diced
- ¼ red onion (or ½ a small one), sliced very thin
- ½ Haas avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- ½ cup of seasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- Splash of chili oil (optional)
- Sesame seeds
Start with a serving bowl for your salad. In the bowl, mix up all the veggies gently. All the bright colors should be mixed throughout.
In a glass bowl, mix together the seasoned rice vinegar, soy sauce, and chili oil (if you choose to use it).
Pour the dressing over the veggies and toss it together.
Top with sesame seeds, and give it a final mix.
It’s really that simple, and there is no oil so it’s very fresh, healthy, and delicious!
Want to see Jessie take you through it step by step? Check out the video below: