Hi friends! Recently, on a rainy cool afternoon I made my family a pot of chili for dinner. Here is the recipe. Have a wonderful day!
“Turn on your favorite music, pour a cup of tea or glass of wine, and prepare this simple chili recipe. Perfect for a cool fall day, it also tastes great when made in advance.
Made with love, this recipe has more beans and less meat than a traditional chilli. Makes a large pot, ideal for lunch leftovers, or dinner a second night.”
- 1-pound extra lean ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, sliced (approx. 1 head of garlic)
- 4-5 Tablespoons chilli powder (for a mild or kid-friendly version try 3 Tbsp)
- 2 – 14oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 – 14oz cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- *Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add ground beef. Season beef with salt and pepper. Cook beef until no longer pink and cooked through.
Remove beef with a slotted spoon and set aside. Drain excess beef fat.
To the pot, add 2 tbsp olive oil. Add chopped onion, peppers, and garlic. Sauté until softened, about 10 minutes.
Add ground beef and chilli powder, stir well. Next add tomatoes with juices, and beans. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 1 hour.
Serve with crusty bread and top each bowl with shredded cheddar cheese.