· How about a Holiday Card made by your child as a start? This is an opportunity to thank their teacher for a great year so far and a wonderful new year ahead.
· Find out what their interests are – they may love to read – so a gift card to a book store would be great. Do they like music, get them an itunes gift card. It is a nice way to give a personal gift but still let the teacher figure out what he or she wants to specifically select.
· Purchase great inexpensive, yet useful items, such as the Birthday.book and Greetings.stash at http://shopgetbuttonedup.com and enter 10OFF at checkout for 10% off!
· You could go in with other parents to give them a more expensive gift certificate. This is a great way to say thanks as a whole group or class and again let the teacher get something he or she really wants.
· Finally, we also like the idea of making a charity donation in the teacher’s name. It is a nice way to give back and say thanks at the same time.