If you’re like us and most of our clients, it’s nearly impossible to abstain from all sweets. The thought of never having a sweet again makes us, well, crave something sweet. Plus, our clients tell us if they completely deny themselves of a treat, they give up on their weight loss resolution entirely. The key is to allow yourself a treat each day, but something that won’t make you pack on the pounds. And we have just the thing…
Say hello to these grain-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies – they’re absolutely delicious, but they’re healthy too!
And guess what? These cookies will actually boost your energy! Aside from being packed with anti-oxidants from both the chickpeas and the chocolate chips, the chickpeas will rev your energy with their B vitamins and folic acid, which turns your food into energy. They also contain magnesium to stave off migraines (if you’re susceptible to them) and the exhaustion that comes with them.
This chocolate chip cookie is a healthy energy boost in disguise!
Grain-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies*
- 1 ¼ cups canned chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons natural peanut butter
- (regular peanut butter will make the cookies too oily)
- ¼ cup honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. With wet hands, form into 1 ½ inch balls. The mixture will be very thick and sticky. Lightly press cookies onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, or onto a Silpat. Bake for about 10 minutes.
(Makes 20 cookies)
Nutrition Facts Per Cookie: Calories 103 Total Fat 6g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 3mg Total Carbohydrate 11g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 7g Protein 3g Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 2% Iron 3%
Do you have a go-to treat that keeps you on track and doesn’t break the calorie bank?
*When we found this recipe–we thought the use of the chick peas was genius! Thanks to…
Recipe credit: http://www.texanerin.com/2012/04/grain-free-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip.html