No party is complete without a tasty array of chips and dip! But it’s so hard to hit the snack table without feeling guilty about stuffing yourself with junk food.
Luckily, we’ve got a healthy version of the classic Seven Layer Dip recipe that will satisfy the need to dip without ruining any diets!
- 1 large can vegetarian, fat-free, refried black beans
- 1 can Mexicorn
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 large ripe avocados, mashed to guacamole consistency
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1 4-cup package low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small jar fresh salsa (or see below for fresh salsa recipes!)
Preparation tip: Serve in a clear glass dish to display the different layers. You might even use glasses or bowls to create individual servings of this yummy dip.
The first layer is the beans. Spread them on the bottom. On top of that, layer the Mexicorn, and then the tomatoes and green onions. Spread a layer of avocado on top of that. Next, create a layer of sliced olives. Top it off with fresh salsa and finish with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese.
Refrigerate your dip until an hour or so before you start the party. Serve it up with whole wheat chips or fresh veggies (generously cut red bell peppers work great).
It’s sure to be a hit without packing an unhealthy punch!