This is by far my favorite breakfast sandwich that I’ve ever had, and I make it!
The biggest problem I’ve noticed with breakfast sandwiches served at restaurants, is they lack flavor. Every AM sandy should have some sort of aioli or sauce.
If you want to taste heaven, try this recipe:
Eggtastic Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread (or bread of your choosing)
- 2 large cage free organic eggs
- A few dashes of your favorite hot sauce
- A few dashes of dried dill
- 1/4 of a large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 slice of pepper jack cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- Yogurt chive cilantro spread (a generous amount)
- Optional: If you have left over deli meat, why not add a slice of ham or turkey!
In a small saute pan, saute thinly sliced onion in olive oil on low-med heat until soft. Then add fresh spinach to pan and cover until wilted. You can add a slice of deli meat to the skillet as well just to heat it up.
Add eggs into the pan and stir well. Stir in hot sauce, salt, pepper, dill and any other remaining seasonings you want. Once the eggs are scrambled turn on low and gather eggs together in center of pan and place cheese on top of eggs. Cover and let cheese melt. Turn off burner.
Spread a generous amount of yogurt chive cilantro dip on 2 pieces of toast and add avocado slices to one side of toast. Take a wide spatula and transfer the egg/cheese mound onto toast.
Place toast on top of each other and slice in half. Serve with apples or any fruit of your choice. It’s a messy, delicious way to start your day that will keep you full until lunch!
Want to watch Natalie take you throw this recipe step by step? Check out the video below: