Steven Lake and Kristin Confer are the PhDs of hair. They bring over 30 years of experience, education, and teaching to the hair industry.
Their passion and insight set this Perfect Hair Duo up for success in creating, recreating, and sharing their vision and creativity behind the chair and on set.
SEASON FINALE: How to get Brooke Burke’s DWTS glam look from THIS week’s show!
Every week on Dancing with the Stars, Brooke Burke goes from “Mom” to “Glam!”
We’ve got some tips to help our modern moms recreate these looks at home.
Low Loose Bun
1. On towel dried hair, apply a volumizing spray or gel to the roots.
2. Create desired part. Blowdry your hair completely.
3. Using a 1 ¼ “ curling iron, take large sections, and loosely curl entire head.
4. Pull hair into a centered low pony. Secure with a snag free band.
5. Divide the pony into two sections. Twist section one(left) into a figure eight. Secure with large bobby pins at top and bottom, criss crossing for more hold.
6. Repeat with section two on the right. Secure with large bobby pins at top and bottom, criss crossing for more hold.
7. Pull the bun gently to create desired shape.
8. Lightly spray with a light hold finishing spray.
- You should be able to see the bun on both sides from the front view.
- Keep hair smooth and sleek in the front, and textured in the bun.
- If hair is extra long or thick, you can tuck and pin excess hair under the bun.
Behind the scenes photos from Day 1:
Brooke in the Skybox.
Brooke and Marylin behind the stage.
Sexy Red Carpet Waves
1. On towel dried hair, apply a volumizing spray or gel to the roots. Use a curl activating cream on the ends.
2. Blowdry your hair completely.
3. Working with your natural part, use a 1 ¼ “ barrel curling iron, take medium square sections all around the head, keeping curl below the eye line.
4. Lightly spray your hair with a brushable finishing spray.
5. Flip your hair over, give a light spray and a good shake.
6. Finish with a light spray shine or hairspray.
- Create volume at the top of your head during the blowdry.
- Finger through the waves down to the ends before giving a final spray.
Behind the scenes photos from Day 2:
Glam Squad on final episode of Season 13.
Steven bringing out the lioness in Brooke.
Glam squad striking a pose before hitting the stage.
PhD wants to know, “What is YOUR favorite look so far of the season?”
Stay tuned for a special look back at Brooke’s look on Season 13 of Dancing with the Stars.